information we may collect from you
Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a product, place an order on our site, when you report a problem with our site, or at a consultation. The information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet, your login information (not your login password), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for, page response times, page errors, length of visits to certain pages, and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our contact number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use our other website www.halalcakes4u.co.uk, the other services we provide and/or any of our social media pages. We are also working with third parties including, for example, online payment services (namely Paypal), payment services at consultations (SumUp and Lloyds Bank plc), advertising networks, analytics providers (namely Google and Statcounter), and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the products and services that you request from us
- We use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to complete that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to complete that order. We use the information you provide about someone else when placing an order only to ship the product and to confirm delivery
- to process your payments via a third party, namely Paypal, SumUp and Lloyds Bank plc
- to notify you about changes to our service if it affects your order
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- Information we collect from you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
The Information We DO NOT Collect
Credit/Debit Card Information - Since all payments are processed via our chosen and authorised payment processors; PayPal, SumUp and Lloyds Bank plc. We never have access to your payment card details at any time.
where we store your personal data:
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
Personally identifiable informationPersonally identifiable information is defined as any personal information that could identify you such as your name, address, telephone number, billing and shipping information, credit card information or e-mail address. When you visit www.buycakesonline.co.uk, you are not required to disclose who you are or reveal any personally identifiable information. Since Halal Cakes 4 U takes your privacy seriously, no personally identifiable information will be collected unless it is voluntarily provided, or when registering on, or purchasing from our website. Photos of your cake may be uploaded on social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, youtube, Pinterest, Snapchat) for our marketing purposes, if an image contains a photo of a person under 18 years old, then the face will be digitally blurred before upload.
Access to information
Halal Cakes 4 U will not sell or provide any personal details in its possession to third party marketing companies. Only directors of Halal Cakes 4 U have access to customer information. Information may only be disclosed to third parties if we are compelled or authorised to do so by Law, or if there is a reasonable belief that there is a threat to someone's life or health.
security and storage of information collected
Halal Cakes 4 U is committed to maintaining the security of data collected and protecting it from loss, misuse or alteration. This applies to demographic information, client site usage information and personally identifiable information. Data collected is stored on secure servers with our domain providers Vidahost, and also via forms which are stored in our premises which may have been filled in at consultations.
You have the right to ask us to delete your registered account on this website, by emailing us at email@example.com with your name and email address with which you registered your account with.
accessing your information
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the right to request any information we may hold about you. You will need to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the info. We will need to ask you security related questions before information is given out, as we would need to be sure it is you. The security related questions would include questions like what your full name is, your contact number you input when you registered, and your email address with which you registered.
You may correct, update or erase some of your personal information at any time by logging on to your account on our website www.buycakesonline.co.uk. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and may delete any online account which is not used for over a year. Messages which you send via social media, ie., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, or via Youtube or email will be deleted after the order is fulfilled, unless it is an ongoing communication between yourself and us. Any paper records which are made during a consultation will be kept until the order is fulfilled, thereafter, it will be shredded then disposed via Birmingham City Council Trade waste Collection.Service.
Nothing contained in this Policy is intended to create a contract or agreement between Halal Cakes 4 U and any user visiting the website www.buycakesonline.co.uk, or coming in to our premises for a consultation if no purchase is made or any deposit is not made.
CookiesWhat is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘device’ (e.g. a computer or smartphone) when the user accesses a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. The cookies (small text files) are not harmful and do not contain any confidential/sensitive information such as your name, home address, date of birth or credit card details.
Cookies are a vital part of how our website works, they enable us to give you an enhanced, personalised web experience. Some of these cookies are required by our website to enable you to interact with shopping basket.
By using our site, you consent to the use of these cookies. Cookies are used on our site for the following reasons:
- To allow you to securely log in to your Account, so that you can use "My Account" features such as order information, order updates etc.
- To store the content of your shopping basket whilst you browse the website and to complete an order.
- To record the areas of the website that you have visited, products you have viewed and time spent browsing, as well as the products you purchased. We use this information to help make the website more user friendly, develop our site design and to continuously improve the quality of the service we provide.
- To distribute visitors to our website equally across the platforms to ensure the content is served at the quickest possible way.
- For re-marketing purposes to determine relevant related products to show you when you're browsing on other selected websites. These cookies can be associated with services provided by a third party such as an advertising network.
Yes, they are. The information stored in cookies are safe and anonymous. They do not contain any information which could personally identify you and your account security is never exposed.
Can I turn off/disable cookies?
To stop using cookies, or if you want to be notified each time a cookie is about to be used, you should make the appropriate changes to the settings provided in your web browser to prevent cookies being stored on your device:
Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Privacy > Advanced > Select the required options as per your choice
Mozilla Firefox > Options > Privacy & Security > History - Use custom settings for history > Select required options
Google Chrome > Settings > Advanced > Privacy & security > Content Settings > Cookies > Select required options
For information on how to disable cookies, please consult the "Help" tab of your browser via the menu bar.
What would happen if I disable cookies?
Some parts of the website may not work properly, and you may not be able to shop online, as the website relies on cookies to keep track of your items.